Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Archery! Hunger Games-Style Apocalypse

I have signed A and I up for Couples Archery at the Archery Bow Range Chicago. I am quite excited and looking forward to it. I remember hearing about the Hunger Games trilogy, and dismissing them as some Harry Potter knock-off. But, I downloaded a sample onto my Kindle, because I like to know what I am talking about, especially if I am putting it down. I don't think I slept for about a week and I devoured those books. Katniss is such a badass with her bow and she hunts and feeds her family and friends. I love the feminist implications of the books, where one boy and one girl are picked and it isn't always a boy who wins. It is the one who is awesomeist, and the most heartless, talented or possibly the most lucky. 

So learning how to shoot a bow and arrow is important to my apocalypse plan. I suppose that means someday I will have to go bow hunting, which is less exciting to me. Hunting in general sounds cold and boring and uncomfortable (three things I don't like) but a girl needs to do what she can to prepare for the apocalypse. The braid a la Katniss is a little much for me. It smacks of Lara Croft, who is also a badass, but some dude's version of a badass. Kthnxbai.

I am worried about the girls, yet again (there has been more worrying and thinking about my boobs than I thought there would be in apocalypse training) I have heard that whole thing, which I am sure you have heard too, that the Amazons used to cut off their breasts to be better archers. And my 40F's really could be a problem here. I am also sure A will be better at archery than I am. He is better at most things that take patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment