Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Running Sux

I loathe running. I always have. During gym class I walked the Presidential Fitness Challenge mile while talking with my friends.

When I was on the crew team in college, I walked a lot of the running parts and sometimes, we would start a run, and I would just go home. True story. There were enough of us that it was hard to keep count, and I was always last anyway.

I quit my Boot Camp experience when it moved outside because I couldn't convince the instructor-dude that I didn't need to run to be in shape (true) and wouldn't (also true).  I have bad knees (two medial meniscus repairs on the left), a busted and repaired left Achilles, flat feet (thanks Dad!) and big boobs (40 F).

But one of my goals is to run a fast mile. Since losing 100 lbs., I have been attempting to do Couch to 5K (but I end up just doing the first two weeks over and over). So I won't be totally unused to running. I am going to try and run on my lunch breaks, since we have a gym in the building and I loathe my job (more than I loathe running). I have an excellent running bra, if anyone was worried about my 40F's. It is called the Last Resort Bra and I feel that it is appropriately apocalyptic. If the apocalypse strikes, I will put this bra on, and throw the extra in my bag.






No comments:

Post a Comment